“I wash my face once a day”, “I don’t use cleansers” “Yes, I splash water on it”, “I don’t believe in it”….
Ever park your car outside? What’s it look like the next day? Take a look at your outside stairs-see that film and soot and dirt everywhere??! Ok, so you’re inside? Take a look at the window-sill or floor. There’s a reason people dust and clean their apartments right?! Then there’s bacteria, from your hands, cell phones, the environment, sebum, dead skin cells, sunblock, face creams, makeup…you get the picture.
How would ANY ingredient or skincare product you spend $$$ on even begin to get into your skin through all of that (which we all know it needs to in order to actually ‘do’ anything) not to mention breakouts – dead skin cell buildup, bacteria, sebum, clogged pores = all bad! How would that excess sebum get out through any of that?
EVERYONE actually needs to cleanse their face daily. Splashing water on your face doesn’t count. It doesn’t remove any of the above effectively. In fact, splashing your face even with a cleanser isn’t enough to actually begin to clean it! Being one of THE most important parts of your skincare routine, there is actually a proper way to clean your face.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser – one that will clean your skin without stripping it (Foaming cleansers can cause surface dryness which can cause you to produce excess sebum). I recommend an aloe-based cleanser such as the one I use and recommend to my esthetics clients. Use cool or warm water instead of hot as it can be drying to the skin. Using warm water will help to lift dirt out of the skin.
- Massage your face with the cleanser in a gentle, circular motion, focusing most of your time on the T-zone, the jawline and the hairline.
- Try to massage your face for at least 45 seconds to a minute to ensure you are really getting your skin clean.
- Rinse off all cleanser thoroughly by splashing water on your face, and using your hands to remove any excess cleanser.
- Finish by dabbing your face with a towel, making sure not to rub as this can irritate the skin.
Now your skin is ready for your next step. See my Part 2 blog this week.
We’re running a sale on cleansers this month to help you wash your face effectively!
Get 20% off all cleansers through July 31, 2019.
Use code CLEAN20.
* cannot be combined with any other discounted service
*Limit 2 per client
Contact us to get your face cleansers today.